Saturday, November 21, 2015

How I lost 60 lbs. to go on more Roller Coasters

This is in no way a weight loss or exercise blog site. I’ll never be a health freak and I’m still not close to skinny (still working on it). I like amusement park food too much (mmm… funnel cake). I did lose weight just to go on more roller coasters though, and maybe my story can help someone else.
Imagine standing in line to go on a roller coaster on an average day at an amusement park. Sometimes you have to stand in line for an hour or more. Now imagine after waiting patiently all that time you get told you are too big to go on the ride. Kinda sucks!


Christmas 2014 at Six Flags Over Texas 312 lbs.

I love roller coasters. I was devastated. In fact when we first started going to Six Flags Fiesta Texas there were 5 coasters I couldn’t ride on. Not even in the bigger seats. That’s when I really realized that it was time to lose some weight again. This was in 2014. Just a couple years before in 2012 I had ridden literally every ride at Bush Gardens in Tampa and Disney World in Orlando. I told my wife right then and there I was going to lose weight to ride those coasters (I don’t think she believed me).
I was able to lose 5-10 lbs. before our next trip. It was very tough. I wasn’t on a particular diet, I was just depriving myself. It worked a little. I was able to go on Superman Krypton Coaster in the big seats, but I was still too big for most of the other rides I wanted to go on. Then winter came and I put it back on and maybe a little more. I got up too 312 lbs.
I was getting discouraged, but then remembered using Nutrisystem years before with great results. I decided to try it and have had great results again. It is balanced and I never felt like I was starving. I lost 40 lbs. and this time I paid attention to how the changes in my diet were actually working.
Now I am trying it on my own and still getting good results. I am using an app called MyNetDiary. The basic version is free (and can be found for both Android and IPhone) and is all I use. I program in everything I plan to eat the day before and don’t deviate. I have lost another good 20 lbs. with it.
Batman The Ride @ Six Flags Fiesta Texas ~ May 2015 253 lbs.
I would highly recommend Nutrisystem to anyone though. Especially when just starting. You do have to add your own salad and healthy snacks on Nutrisystem though and pay close attention to the food diary they give you. It really can work.
The end result though is I lost the weight and I can ride a lot more roller coasters. I have enjoyed every ride they have at Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Fiesta Texas with my family this past summer and I plan on being able to ride for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment