Wednesday, December 16, 2015

All My Movies ~ By Bolide Software

It doesn't always have to be about travel does it? Families still like movie nights, we at least my family does.

I have recently come across a really cool piece of software for cataloging movie software and I want to share it with you.

All My Movies by Bolide

I'm a big movie geek. A couple years ago I started converting all my DVDs over to digital files. It saved a lot of space. My movies took up three or for full sized book cases in my home, so when I say it saved space I mean it saved a lot of space. 

The problem with digital files though is I used to be able to just look at my book case until a movie kind of struck my fancy. Hmmm, there's Armageddon, haven't seen that in a while.  It's a lot harder to do that when your staring at directories on a computer. This software will give you a virtual bookshelf of your movies, It uses the actual DVD art.

Not only that it links to IMDB (The Internet Movie Database). It will display all the movies information on the screen. You can find movies by actor, genre, year, title, just about any way you can imagine.
Virtual bookshelf on the left ~ Movie info from IMDB on the right

You can use it with DVDs or Blue Ray disc as a way to catalog what you have. You can even use it to track those movies if you loan then to friends. Both pretty useful features for those with hard copies of their movies.

For people like me who buy there movies in digital formats now the database will also link directly to files in your hard drive and you can use the virtual launcher to play the movie. To me that is the programs most awesome feature. Grab you soda and popcorn and then pick the movie you want from the virtual bookshelf and hit the play button to start the movie. 




It was exactly what I was looking for when I started looking for movie cataloging software. The only functionality I would add is the ability to export a movie or movies to a USB drive, Phone or Tablet, but that is a small caveat for such an awesome piece of software (Heck it might even do it and I just don't know how yet).

You can download a demo on their website here... BOLIDE SOFTWARE


No comments:

Post a Comment